Peniel Eye Clinic
is headed by a Consultant Ophthalmologist (Eye physician and surgeon), who holds bachelor’s degrees in Medicine and Surgery with fellowships of the West African College of Surgeons. In addition, a fellow of the International College of Surgeons. Our Ophthalmologist has spent several years as a university lecturer and university teaching hospital Consultant teaching and training post-graduate medical doctors, medical students, nurses and community health officers in Ophthalmology.
Our optometrists and opticians are equally well experienced and astute in their fields.
In addition to our consulting clinics the services we offer include:
- Visual acuity measurement
- Refraction and and fitting of glasses
- Cycloplegic refraction
- Contact lens services
- Anterior segment examination/Slit lamp examination
- Fundoscopy and dilated fundoscopy
- Binocular indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Automate perimetry (glaucoma assaessment)
- Intra-ocular pressure measurement
- Colour vision test
- Focimetry /Lensometry
- Topical fluorescein staining
- Subconjunctival/intravitreal injection
- Corneal tattooing
- Fitting of artificial eyes
- Referrals within and outside Nigeria etc.
- Cataract extraction with intraocular lens implant
- Glaucoma surgeries
- Pterygium surgeries
- Lid surgeries
- Corneal surgeries
- Squint surgeries
- Anterior segment foreign body removals
- Excisional/ Incisional biopsies
- Anterior chamber paracentesis
- Exenteration etc.